Thursday, April 19, 2007

11 down, 1 to go...


...months until Katy's a year old, that is. Someone told me when Katy was born that when she turned a year old I'd feel "triumphant". (Do you know who you are?) Well, we're getting closer and closer and I AM starting to feel somewhat celebratory. How can I not? Just look at this face! The older Katy gets the more I like her. Not that I didn't like her before, of course, but I think some people are suckers for newborns, and some people really like older babies, and for others, preschoolers or older kids are more their strength. I'm not totally sure what my favorite age will end up being, but so far I like every month better and better. I have therefore concluded that maybe newborns are just not my forte. I know they're hard for a lot of people, though, so I don't know. And I know that toddlerhood will (and does already) have its challenges. But I just love seeing Katy turn into a little personality before my very eyes. She's 11 months old today!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

I thought she was a May baby; I'd been trying to remember. Although a glance through you archives probably would have helped, duh Kelsey.

Can't believe she's walking already! We hope to see you soon.

Oma Froehle said...

Oma says they are still your baby not matter what their age. Newborns are "a promise, they are a possibility . . . " as the song says. Kids steal your heart one day at a time.

What rosy cheeks you have, Katy! Oma is saving a thousand kisses for them.