Monday, December 11, 2006

Reclaiming the kitchen

I don't know if I'll be able to accurately portray my excitement in this post - but I am so thrilled about the kitchen progress from this weekend. We now have countertops, a new sink, a garbage disposal, and running water. I was finally able to move all of our food and dishes from the dining room back into the kitchen, which was an all day task with a baby on my hip (she's starting some of that clingy separation anxiety stuff - bleh). We also purchased the pergo flooring, which Brian plans to install this weekend. And then - voila, just finishing work to be done. (Okay - "voila" will probably take another month, but we're getting there). I'll post some pictures and ask you to use your imagination....
Imagine curtains made out of this blue material and stools under the "breakfast nook".

Imagine doors on the pantry (which Brian made - impressive, huh?)

Ok, REALLY stretch your mind here - a tile backsplash where all the yucky wall is and a dishwasher (!!) to the left of the sink.


We realized that we were pretty silly and didn't take any before pics, but I'll have to check the archives and see if I can dig some up - especially for when it's all finished.

1 comment:

Oma Froehle said...

Wow!!! This is amazing! Great job Brian.