Thursday, December 14, 2006

A little preview of Christmas morning

Today Katy was taking a long nap, so I decided to wrap some Christmas presents. Then, of course, she woke up. I thought, well, it shouldn't be so bad to just keep going - she really likes paper and boxes. The only trouble is that my living room floor really isn't that big, and Katy can definitely roll and scoot to wherever she wants in the room at this point, so there really isn't any "keeping her out of it". So it was really quite humerous. Every time I turned around - there she was - getting into something she shouldn't. I know, I know, this is going to get 10 times worse once she is REALLY mobile, and it won't always be this cute. But today it was cracking me up. She just really really likes paper, so I couldn't keep her away from it. And then she figured out how to tear it:





And there was no toy that would distract her from the roll of wrapping paper...
I'm really looking forward to seeing what she does with her presents.

We've also been working on drinking from a cup - both sippy and non-sippy. Today was the first day she actually drank some water and didn't spit it back down on her shirt. And when she swallowed it, she made a face like she was taking a shot of vodka. Water is no breast milk, that's for sure.

No comments: