Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Here We Go...



This has nothing to do with football, but I can't hear the phrase "here we go" without thinking of that song.
But today is the first day of preschool, which means welcome to the fall schedule!



This year's first day was a totally different story. There were no nerves (they were mostly mine last year), I knew that I needed puh-lenty of time to get over there (last year I was actually late on the first day), and I knew that Katy wouldn't hesitate to jump in and do fine. I was almost in tears, though, at pick-up time, watching the 3 year olds next door bawling as their parents came to get them. It's hard to watch. Katy didn't bat an eyelash and told me several things she learned today: "Don't run on the sidewalk or you will fall and scrape your knee. Only run in the mulch. Don't cough on your hand or you will touch a toy and give your friend a cold. Cough into your elbow." So okay, they went over a few rules today.

David is already anxious for his turn to go to school. He asked me, "Tan I tay with TayTee tahday?" Then when we picked her up he refused to leave saying, "Mommy, I didn't get to ride da skoobus." He actually could've gone one morning per week at Katy's school this year, but we opted not to. There's an option to enroll him in January, too, so we'll see.





And I was curious to see how the morning-on-the-go would be with Luke. It was as I suspected. From the time he got up at 6 until I put him in his crib at noon, he must've taken about 5 catnaps in between fussy periods. He just doesn't sleep for very long anywhere but his crib. And today was "gentle start," so she was only at school for an hour and a half. Maybe after a few weeks like this, he'll learn to sleep longer in other places? I'm such a stickler for naps, this is difficult for my Firstborn personality to get past.

So all in all, a successful first morning.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Oh I'm glad it went so well! Katy is getting to be such a big girl.

That first photo looks like a shot from a magazine - she's completely adorable!

bluedaisy said...

Katy looks so grown up! What is it about 4? Hope the fall routine settles in easily for you :)

Pam said...

I'm so pleased that she's doing well with school and she looks so mature in that first picture!