Monday, April 26, 2010

Interview with Katy, age 3 years, 11 months

I stole this from Giselle, and I just have to add some commentary. Some of these answers I just couldn't believe. And a few times I had to give a follow up question.

1. What is something your mom always says to you? Ummmmm...."no."

2. What makes mom happy? When I obey.

3. What makes mom sad? Pooping on the floor (wouldn't that make anyone sad?)

4. How does your mom make you laugh? [stretches cheeks and makes silly face] Making funny faces like I just did! (uhhh...really?)

5. What was your mom like as a child? She liked toys.

6. How old is your mom? Firty-two (this is her favorite topic of conversation right now - don't be offended if she asks you how old you are)

7. How tall is your mom? [puts her hand to my forehead] This tall!

8. What is her favorite thing to do? Eat. (wait. are you serious? I can see myself telling this story to Oprah in a few years and saying, "That's when I knew I had a problem.")

9. What does your mom do when you aren't around? Work. And sometimes phone calls.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? What does "famous" mean? It means that everyone knows who mommy is. If you told them your name!

11. What is your mom really good at? Noffing. Really? Mommy's not good at anything? Planting plants. (She's reaching here...I'm the Jack Kevorkian of horticulture.)

12. What is your mom not very good at? Noffing. You're really good at everything!!

13. What does your mom do for a job? Plant grass. (we've been watering a lot of grass seed lately) Well, what does Mommy do for work? Work at the computer.

14. What is your mom's favorite food? Spaghetti! Really? That's my favorite. What is Mommy's favorite? Whisper it in my ear so I can tell you. Well, I want to know what you think is my favorite food. Broccoli?

15. What makes you proud of your mom? Everything.

16. If your mom was a cartoon character, who would she be? [much back and forth trying to clarify the meaning of this question] A talker.

17. What do you and your mom do together? Cut coupons. Do you need any cut right now, Mommy?

18. How are you and your mom the same? We have the same color skin. (we've been talking about how God makes people with lots of different colors of skin.)

19. How are you and your mom different? We're wearing different necklaces.

20. How do you know your mom loves you? HUGS!

21. What does your mom like the most about your dad? HUGS!!

22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? The rec center. (It's true that I love our community center. We're there at least once a week for one program or another.)

This cracked me up so much that I want to find another one to do. And maybe I should take a video next time. I just love how her little mind works and the things that come out of her mouth. Just classic.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Great answers from Katie - they made me laugh too. I thought I might try it so asked Jack a couple of the questions but his answers were so "out there" that I couldn't post about it. One was kinda rude too :-)

Oma Froehle said...

I particularly liked that you are good at planting plants!! LOL!!! I hope they are out in the yard where they have a fighting chance. I love you, but you are the only person I know who kills ARTIFICIAL plants. :-)