Friday, April 11, 2008

Out with the snow ... in with the bubbles

(this post is coming to you by Brian ... aka Emily's husband --- shhhh don't tell Emily)

Katy still seems to think sledding is an option. I was taking her sled inside to put away for the summer and the tears were too much for me to bear. So I had to give her one more ride. Surprisingly enough these things move pretty well on grass, a little noisy on the concrete, but she did not seem to mind.
Since the sled is put away and spring is trying to sprung, Katy has moved her attention to bubble making. Now every time we step outside and usually several hours before we go outside she is requesting bubbles (thank you Dora video). Grammy was nice enough to send a care package to Katy which included an automatic bubble maker. The package says 3 and up, but Katy had it mastered within minutes. Thank you Grammy!!! I think I am going to look into buying "bubble juice" (as Katy refers to it) stock...


One last thing before I stop blogging and Emily discovers I know her password. :) I just have to say that I am one lucky guy. Not only do I have two beautiful children, I have one beautiful, incredible wife. Emily’s ability to put up with me would be enough not to mention her tender loving heart, money saving savvy (can you say ECB), and I’m not sure the word for being an absolutely incredible mother. I really don't know how she does it most of the time but I thank God for her daily.

So, thank you Emily… I love you!

4 comments:

Pam said...

Brian, You forgot that she's a great cook AND loves football!
I loved this posting. I wouldn't drag my child across noisy concrete any more than Emily would but I know Craig would do the same as you (and that's why we love you guys).
I'm so happy for the 4 of you.
XXX

Kelsey said...

How sweet! Emily will be touched when she reads this and may just forget about the whole password thing. :-)

Jen said...

What a great post! Thanks for hacking into her blog to share your feelings, Brian. Although we wives know how much our husbands love us, it's nice to see it in an unexpected place sometimes. I know Emily will appreciate what your wrote.

Anonymous said...

The care package was also from Papa John...sometimes the guys are forgotten but we all know how REALLY important they are..How lucky are Katy and David to have Brian and Emily as Mom and Dad!