Sunday, April 13, 2008

healing

So Friday's post came at a good time. My husband knows me and knows what I need to hear and when I need to hear it. I've been kind of flipping my lid thinking about his return to work this Thursday. My confidence in my ability to do this on my own is waning. I feel like Brian has done more than his fair share in the past couple of weeks, and I'm really not sure how I'm going to make it on my own. One of the best things he has done has been keeping Katy entertained 24/7 with things like this:


But all the extra help has allowed me to get some rest, so that I'm feeling so much better these days. I feel like myself again, with a few aches and pains and a little fatigue, but myself, nonetheless. We've still had quite a few visitors this week, which I thoroughly enjoy. It's so nice to have people to talk to, and there's something special about Great Grandparents:


So I'm going to soak up these last 3 days that we get to spend learning to be a family of four, and try to accept that daily showers and to-do lists may be a greater challenge starting on Thursday.

3 comments:

Pam said...

The fear of the unknown is always worse than ther actual event don't you think? When Thursday comes you'll be FINE.
Before you know it, you'll be "super mom" - with Katy helping out and baby David on your hip while you cook dinner!

Jen said...

The first few weeks will be hard, but you'll get into a routine and everything will be fine. Let me know if I can do anything to help...even if it is just praying with/for you.

Oh yeah, it might help to start showering at night after the kids are in bed. I still have to wash my hair every morning when I get up, but it cuts down on "prep" time in the a.m. if I shower in the p.m. HTH!

Oma Froehle said...

Brian looks good with the stickers. I think he should keep them.

Nobody should expect to be entertained 24/7. It sets an unhealthy precedent for the rest of your life. Katy will be back in the grove within a week.

You're a great mother. Don't worry.