Saturday, September 29, 2007

Random Thoughts to Know and Tell about the Last Week and a Half

Okay, I really didn't intend to make a big announcement and then disappear for a while. And everyday I've had things on my mind that I intend to put on the blog, but then the evening gets busy and other things come up and I never get to the computer. So this post may be a little disjointed and random. Sorry.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've been having a late-September heat wave, which tends to happen in Ohio, but fall seems to be making a comeback. I have to say that I like fall for fall itself, but I don't like it because it means winter is coming. Brrrrr...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple Fridays ago, Brian and his folks took Katy to visit Brian's grandma. I cannot pass up these adorable photos of Katy and her great-grandmother shopping for Halloween candy in Rite Aid. How classic is this? Grandma got stocked up.








-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is kinda gross, but I have to ask, has anyone else ever had a fruit fly problem? We found them when we came back from vacation, and we've tried about 4 different methods to get rid of them, and darn if they aren't still flying around. Any suggestions? Or just make me feel better by telling me that you've had them before?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katy is loving her new yard (created by her new fence). We play out there multiple times per day. We moved the playhouse from the side yard to the front yard so she can play with it more easily. Add a little play food, and we're in toddler heaven.




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katy's vocabulary is absolutely explosive lately. It seems like everyday Brian comes home from work and I say, "Guess what new word Katy learned today?" Here are some of her recent additions:

*"tass" (trash - this kid loves garbage)

*"dacka" (cracker)

*"dinky" (drink - and for the record I have never called it drinky)

*"ot" (hot)

*"appuhl" (apple)

*"ub oooo" (love you - which she says when she goes upstairs for bed. be still, my heart.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still hanging on to some of this nausea and exhaustion, at 14 weeks. With Katy it lasted until 16 weeks, so I'm hoping we're almost through it. At one point this week I actually considered calling Molly Maids to see how much they charge, because the amount of dirt in my house was overwhelming me. But I was able to pull it together and get it (for the most part) cleaned. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we went up to cousin Gabe's 1st birthday party. It was a beautiful day with lots of presents and cake and family time.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brian and I have both had some developments with our jobs, but that's too much for this post. I'll have to do another post about all that. I promise it won't be another week and a half!

4 comments:

Pam said...

I love the pictures of Katy with her great grandma. Jack doesn't have any great grandparents, so you're lucky.
Glad you posted - I check almost every day!

Jen said...

Glad to hear you haven't dropped off the face of the planet. Not that I can talk...I'm still trying to get my blog caught up for Sept. =)

Erin said...

Hey Emily, do you ever read Sundry Buzz? It's Linda from All & Sundry/ Purple is a fruit...

www.sundrybuzz.com

She just posted something about dealing with fruit flies. I think it's a pretty common problem this time of year. Our house, on the other hand, has an embarrasing ANT problem. Gross.

Physibeth said...

I've had problems with fruit flies too.

Things that seem to work:

1. Being super super clean for a while.

2. Bleach down the kitchen drain.

3. Vinegar in a bowl with plastic wrap over the top and toothpick holes punched in top.

My mom got me these natural traps that seem to work too.