Thursday, September 06, 2007

Big girl (15 month stats)


Yesterday we had Katy's 15 month appointment (a couple weeks late), and everything went really well. The pediatrician was very impressed with Katy's word count, and said that if our future children had normal language development, we'd be needing some pretty strong reassurance that everything was ok. And I was thinking that Katy's appetite had really increased and that she had grown quite a bit since 12 months, and I was right:

12 months:

Weight: 18 pounds, 13 ounces - 20th percentile

Height: 28 inches - 20th percentile


15 months:

Weight: 21 pounds, 2 ounces - 30th percentile

Height: 30 3/4 inches - 40th percentile


He said the average weight gain at this age is about 1-1.5 pounds per 3 months, but Katy gained almost 2.5 pounds and grew almost 3 inches! That's huge!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember Kelsey putting a post on her blog titled something like "Going Away to Relax is a Lot of Work." Well, I'm in the middle of that right now. Tomorrow we are leaving to go on vacation for a week. We've only been away from home for this long once since Katy was born. And I must say that I'm much less stressed about this trip. It definitely gets easier to travel with her with each month that passes. But it's still a little overwhelming. I'm organizing food, water toys, laundry, toys, CD's, DVD's, bottles, medications, diapers, wipes, bibs, and did I mention food? Both Brian's family and mine will be joining us for portions of this trip, and it has been quite the endeavor to get it all straightened out, but finally, the day before we leave, I'm really looking forward to it. I think it will be fun and relaxing (or as relaxing as you can get with a toddler), and I always enjoying having extended time with our families. So I'll be back in a week with lots of pictures and interesting stories, I'm sure. But until then...

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Amen sister! I hope you have a great trip! I'll be thinking of you while we're vacationing, even though Harper won't be with us. Let me say, it's just as much work to leave them behind with all their instructions; reminds me of writing sub plans.

Mommy Daisy said...

First, ha ha, Kelsey, "like writing sub plans"! I agree!

Your little girl is so cute! Do you think our kids would agree to a pre-arranged marriage? Maybe? No? Well, it was worth a try.

She's pretty close to what Zachariah was at his 15 month appointment. He was 23lbs, but he's 33 1/4 inches. He gained 1 lb from 12-15 months and grew 3 inches too. Funny, isn't it? I'm interested in seeing his 18 month stats at his check-up next week. Our doctor seemed surprised that he'd only gained 1 lb last time, but probably because his percentile dropped a little. She decided it was ok because he did gain and grew so much taller. OK? The kid sure knows how to eat, so I've never been concerned.

Have a great time on your trip. It is a lot of work, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it.