Tuesday, September 06, 2011

David's turn!!


The advantage of sending David to the same preschool where Katy went? The start of school is so smooth. It's a familiar routine, even to him. He is completely comfortable there, has no hesitations, even knows his teachers by name. Some of his classmates are siblings of Katy's former classmates - so they are familiar faces as well.

The disadvantage? It was easy for this to feel so routine that I might miss the significance. My boy - my Bubs, my sweetheart - is a preschooler now. He has matured so much in the past several months. And the best part of taking him to school? He is my talker - so when I pick him up - he actually tells me, in as much detail as he is capable, what he did today. It's awesome. I love this kid.


Congratulations, Bubs! Mommy is so proud of you for being such a big boy! (Even if I asked you if you missed me and you said "no." Throw Mom a bone next time, will ya?)

3 comments:

Oma said...

Give him a break, Mom! He was only gone 2-1/2 hours, and he has been looking forward to this for WEEKS! I may have to call him just to get the lowdown. (He even looks taller. How can that be?)

Pam said...

Well done David and you! He looks so nice in his new school clothes - like a little boy and no longer a toddler. I'm so glad it went so smoothly for you but have a feeling my experience next week will be completely different! x

bluedaisy said...

I love, love, love this picture!
Congratulations David..he looks so handsome :)