Friday, April 17, 2009

Random updates

Blogging: Brian and I both do "side work" from home in the evenings/weekends. Lately there's been a LOT of it. Sometimes we are both clacking away on our laptops next to each other on the couch. I'm thankful for the extra work and money as we prepare to move, but it's making me somewhat sad. And I haven't been able to blog as much as I'd like.

Potty: Two steps forward, one step back. In some ways, we're making a lot of progress on the potty. We had an (inadvertant) dry outing earlier this week (totally forgot to put a diaper on her before we left), but we continue to have many accidents as home. At least she is sometimes telling me she has to go and then going to sit on it. Other times she stands up and proudly announces, "I hadda assident!"

Moving: Two weeks until closing. All is in order as far as moving forward with the sale. We think we might have even found summer renters (though they haven't signed on the dotted line just yet). I'm thinking about paint colors and trying to figure out if there's any possible way we can get new living room furniture for the new place.

(Almost) Toddler: Still no stepping yet, except while holding hands. But he decided to go ahead and throw fits like a toddler, if it's all the same to you. (see video below where I wouldn't let him have the camera) He eats more than Katy, I'm not even kidding. The other day, we got McDonald's for lunch and he ate an ENTIRE fruit and yogurt parfait and 3/4 of a cheeseburger. That's more than Katy has ever eaten from McDonald's.

Spring: Ok, it's 70, sunny, and it's late-April - do you think it's safe to put away the down parka now?

Facebook: I finally joined, and that stuff is crazy. I haven't even had time yet to go look at everyone's profiles and say hi, but it is so so great to be "in touch" with all these people with whom I haven't spoken in so long! And then also the people I see everyday - how funny! Do you guys link to your blog from your Facebook page?

Preschooler: Katy is one month away from turning 3, and she has really blossomed in the past month. She's just so mature compared to before. Not that she doesn't still have plenty of irritating behaviors, but I just can't believe how interesting it is to watch her grow. Here she is singing on her favorites, There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.


3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I LOVE how adorable Katy is, and how totally unfazed she is by David's crying - a true big sister! I also love that specific book version of that song. . . Katy is such a big girl!

Pam said...

Hope you didn't pack away that Parka!

Erin said...

So much to comment on here!

That part about David's eating really cracked me up. That's how Cal always was, now and as a baby. Hearty eaters, those boys.

Calum still occassionally pees his pants too, and when I say, "Why did you do that? You know you need to use the potty to pee." He replies, "Because I WANTED to."