Wednesday, November 08, 2006

New Development for Daddy's Birthday


Well, this has been a crazy week for us... first we finished up our trip to Pittsburgh, which was fun. We went out to a Japanese steakhouse - which Katy found very entertaining - all except the fire part, that was a little scary. Then we got home Monday evening - the house is a mess, no groceries, no clean clothes, you know the drill. And this happens to be the week that I have CPR training 3 nights in a row for 4.5 hours - eeesh. Katy got to vote in the election twice yesterday (with me in the morning and aunt mel in that afternoon while I was at work), and TODAY is Brian's 32nd birthday. So anyway, lots going on.



So this morning I was talking on the phone with Katy in my lap and my finger in her mouth (a typical posture for me) and I was like, "hey...wait a minute, what's that sharp thing in your gums???" Now, ever since about mid-August Katy has been soaking the fronts of her shirts in 30 minutes or less, putting anything she can get her hands on in her mouth, and chewing on her lip, and I don't know how many people have said, "she's teething". But it's been almost 3 months, I was starting to doubt that that's what it was... but lo and behold - she does have teeth! Well, at least one that's barely poking through, but that counts for something.

Yesterday I declared myself the winner of the "Bad Mom Award". I was trying to fix cereal for Katy in the morning, and I put her down in the Bumbo seat on the kitchen floor (which is hard construction wood right now)... like this...

So I go into the dining room to get the cereal (because all of our food is out there because of the construction) and as I'm rounding the corner back into the kitchen I see my baby girl's head making contact with the floor as she flips herself backward out of the chair!!! It happened so fast that I scooped her up before I think she even realized what happened... she yelped a little bit but I think it looked scarier than it was. So much for the Bumbo seat - I guess she's too strong for that now...

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

If we do work out a visit, be sure to ask me what Harper fell out/off of. I'm not brave enough to put that story on the web, but she lived to tell the tale and she'll be two on Friday. I hope to see you soon!