Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy First Thanksgiving!!

(Hi. I wrote this message on Friday night and have been trying to upload a few more pics to add to it since then. I'm giving up and posting it without the extra pics...boo)

Greetings from the Bluegrass state! We've been here since Wednesday evening visiting with Brian's family and eating a little bit of food now and then. :) I'm happy to report that Katy had probably the best road trip yet. If I haven't told you about our past road trips - they've been pretty awful. Lots of tears, lots of pulling over, sometimes in not-so-safe places, and not much shut-eye at all. But gradually it's been getting better. And this trip, we had 4 hour, that's 240 minutes, of not a fuss. The end of the trip, though, she decided she had had enough, and got a little frustrated. But heck, I'll take that any day.

Hasn't the weather been awesome?!? Who would've thought that we could go to the park on Thanksgiving Day? Well, that's what we did, and Katy had her first experience in the swing - and boy - she LOVED it. She giggled and giggled, it was so adorable.

Then we dinner with all the fixin's with Brian's Mom and John, along with Danielle and her son Jonathan. Katy actually sat at the table in a booster seat and ate sweet potatoes.

Today we were joined by Mark, Kelly, and Katy's 3 cutie cousins. Once again we were headed to the park, for more swinging, as well as some other adventures. Katy also enjoyed some Black Friday shopping in the Baby Bjorn (baby carrier). I purchased the Baby Bjorn at a consignment shop for $20 before Katy was born, and that is the #1 thing I could not live without. Sadly she is getting heavier, and I don't know how much longer I can carry her on my front. I have looked into getting a back carrier, but I'm just skeptical that she will like anything else as much as she adores her Bjorn. And she gets so much attention from everyone we see.

Let's hope tomorrow's drive is as pleasant as Wednesday's... heading home to the Buckeye state...

No comments: